Some lesser known facts about Adarsh Anand
- Adarsh Anand is an Indian YouTuber, Social Media Influencer, former TikToker and mimicry artist. He is known for making funny short videos on Instagram.
- He is a resident of Bhagalpur, Bihar.
- Adarsh was fond of acting since childhood. Talking about his love for acting in an interview, Adarsh said,
I started dancing at the age of four. From the tenth itself, I had decided to make a career in this. Father Ravikar Prasad Karna is a private teacher. Mother Madhubala Devi House Wife. Everyone has supported me. Father’s beating kept his studies intact. That is the reason why I have completed my graduation in science.”
- Adarsh belonged to a lower-middle-class family from Bihar. According to Adarsh, in his early days, he used to perform in orchestras and at wedding events to earn a living.
- In 2017, Adarsh started his self-titled YouTube channel. On YouTube, his first video was ‘Best Mimicry of Kejriwal (2017) by Adarsh on Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi, and Vikas’. As of 2022, Adarsh has over 1.87 million subscribers on YouTube.
- In an interview, Adarsh Anand told that his first earning from YouTube was Rs 8000.
- Initially, Adarsh used to upload his lip-syncing and dance videos on the Chinese app TikTok. He had more than 3 million followers in Tiktok.
- With the ban on Tiktok, Adarsh started making short funny videos on Instagram. As of 2022, Adarsh has over 1.9 million followers on Instagram.
- In an interview, Adarsh shared that before taking up acting and mimicry, he wanted to be an engineer; However, his family’s financial crisis prevented him from pursuing a career in engineering. In an interview he talked about this and said,
After 12th, I also gave JEE Mains exam and passed. But father was a teacher, money was tight, so he could not enroll in any course. I also wanted to be something. He also prepared for general competition for a few years. Gave the exam but could not pass.
- Apart from content creation, Adarsh is also interested in mimicry. According to Adarsh, he has imitated more than 200 voices. In an interview, Adarsh talked about this and said,
I do mimicry of 250 leaders and actors including Amitabh Bachchan sir, PM Modi sir. My first video went viral with Hrithik Roshan Sir’s mimicry, which is lying on my friend’s YouTube channel. This is about the year 2011. The video got 4 to 5 lakh hits. ,
- Adarsh Anand used to work as a radio jockey in a radio station in Bhagalpur.
- Adarsh’s ancestral home is in Jharkhand, India.
- According to Adarsh, early in his career, he went for an acting audition in Chandigarh; However, he was evicted from the show. In an interview given to a media house, Adarsh talked about this and said,
My father had sent me to Chandigarh for audition by taking donations. I was also selected, but don’t know what happened, I was told to watch the acting of the top 10 selected people. I cried too…. After that I decided that now I don’t want to go anywhere. You have to prove your acting yourself.
- According to Adarsh, he had to face discrimination for being a Bihari. In an interview given to a media house, Adarsh talked about this and said,
In many places I have to face discrimination because of being a Bihari, but now people of Bhagalpur are coming to Bhagalpur instead of Mumbai because of my acting. It’s a matter of luck for me.”
- In an interview, talking about the poor economic condition of his family, he recalled that once he joined a dance class in Bhagalpur; However, he could not pay the monthly fee after which he had to leave his dance classes. Adarsh said,
If there was no money then how would I have learned acting. I went to a dance class, but I didn’t have the money to pay the fees, so the teacher didn’t keep me. He scolded me and kicked me out.
- In 2019, Adarsh Anand appeared in the television show Movie Masti with Maniesh Paul, in which he won a 55-inch TV as a prize.
- Adarsh Anand occasionally dresses up as a woman for his short videos. In an interview, Adarsh Anand talked about this and said that people used to troll him on social media and used to address him as “Chhakka (transgender)”. he said,
Once a girl messaged me on Insta and asked if you are a ‘Chhaka’, people call trans women Chhaka. Take it as an insult.We need to change that.mWhenever I met trans women who asked me to raise my voice for the rights of those women.
- In 2022, Adarsh Anand was called by Manish Kashyap, a Bihari journalist, for a live performance at The Face of Pataliputra event, where Sonu Sood was invited as the chief guest; However, according to Adarsh, on the day of the event, Manish Kashyap ignored Adarsh Anand’s call, after which Adarsh was unable to perform at the event. Adarsh was not allowed to enter the premises of the venue. Later, in an interview, Adarsh accused Manish of cheating and said that he left another event to meet Sonu Sood; However, when he reached the venue with his team, he came to know that it was a private event. Later actor Sonu Sood put out a tweet addressing the event and Adarsh Anand. He tweeted,
I have never met you but Adarsh Anand Bhai you are a good artist of Bihar, sometimes due to some reasons your art takes time to get a chance. The reason for this is not any person, it is the situation. But has anyone ever been able to stop the flowing water? See, even without meeting you, your message reached me. I request all the artistes who have done this. Keep it up.. you will get the destination. Sonu Sood is with all of you .. with me or without me .. you will definitely get the destination.
After this, Adarsh Anand posted a video about the incident and talked about Manish Kashyap. In the video, Adarsh said,
I did not ask him or anyone to introduce me to this leader or that actor. Whatever position I have reached, I have reached on the strength of my hard work and ability. No one is greater than being called elder brother. Soon I will do a program and will definitely call this elder brother of mine.
- In November 2022, Adarsh Anand was shooting a video near Hathiya Nala, Mayaganj under Kuppaghat of Burari police station area of Bhagalpur. A huge crowd of fans gathered at the scene to catch a glimpse of the shooting; However, during the shoot, a fight broke out between the two groups who had come to watch the shoot. In the midst of the fight, two people of the group took out the pistol and fired at each other. In the incident, a person named Sunny Paswal died on the spot. Another injured Rohit Rajak was rushed to a hospital in Bihar’s Mayaganj where Rajak was declared brought dead.