Jewel Mary is an Indian actress and television presenter, who predominantly works in Malayalam film industry and television shows. She rose to prominence after hosting the Malayalam dance reality show D4 Dance (2014) on Mazhavil Manorama with Govind Padmasuriya.
Gehana Marie was born on Monday, 11 June 1990 (Age 32 years; by 2022) at Thippunithura, Kochi, Kerala. He spent most of his childhood in Aluva, Kochi, Kerala due to his father’s work. After completing Class VIII, Gehana and her family moved back to her father’s home in Thrippunithura, Kochi, Kerala. She pursued Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Samaritan College of Nursing, Pazhanganad, Thrissur. In an interview, Gehana said that she worked part-time as a master of ceremonies during her college days to earn pocket money.
Height (Approx.): 5′ 6″
Hair Color: black
Eye Colour: brown
He belongs to a Malayali Christian family in Thrippunithura, Kochi, Kerala.
parents and siblings
His father, Sebi Antony, was a former employee at The Fertilizers and Chemicals Travancore Limited (FACT), and his mother was Rose Mary. His brother, Jibin Sebi, is married to Amala Biju; Gehana has a sister named Jeeva Sebi.
She married Jenson Zakaria on 11 April 2015 at St. Joseph’s Church, Verur, Changanacherry, Kerala. Jewel meets Jenson at her workplace, and they fall in love. In an interview, she stated that her marriage with Jensen was an arranged love marriage; When she understood that Zechariah had feelings for her, Jewel immediately asked him to meet her parents, as she was not ready to be messed with. Both the families were happy with the proposal and gave permission for the marriage. Jenson Zakaria produced the celebrity talk show Onnum Onnum Moonu, which was aired on Mazhavil Manorama.
To earn pocket money, Gehana worked as an anchor in small shows since her college days. In 2014, she was about to move to Canada when she was selected as a host for the Malayalam dance reality show D4 Dance, which was aired on Mazhavil Manorama. Gehana co-hosted the show with Govind Padmasuriya and the pair became an instant hit with the audience.
In 2016, he anchored the Malayalam cooking reality show Dhee Chef: Season 1 aired on Mazhavil Manorama. Gehana hosted the Malayalam reality TV series Urvashi Theater that aired on Asianet between 2017 and 2018. She hosted Asianet Star Singer Season 8 from 2020-2022; The show was put on hold in July 2021 due to the COVID-19 lockdown and resumed on 02 January 2022.
In 2015, she made her debut in the Malayalam film industry with veteran Malayalam director Kamal’s satirical comedy, Utopiayile Rajavu. She played the role of Umadevi.
Her first film to release in theaters was the Mammootty starrer Pathemari; Utopiayile Rajavu got its theatrical release after Pathemari. In 2016, he was cast in the Malayalam mystery film Ore Mukham.
She made her Tamil film debut in 2017 with Vijay Antony starrer Annadurai. He did a cameo role in Suresh Gopi starrer ‘Pappan’ which released in 2022.
Gehana hosted various shows as a college student, most of these shows were corporate events. After becoming famous for hosting D4 Dance, he has gained success in many award shows. In 2015, she and Mira Anil hosted the inaugural Asianet Comedy Awards and continued as hosts for the second Asianet Comedy Awards in 2016. Manchester, England. Gehana co-hosted the Vanitha Film Awards (2017).
- 2015: Asiavision Film Award – Best New Face – Utopiayile Rajavu (2015) and Pathemari (2015)
- 2015: Ramu Karyat Memorial Awards – Best New Face – Pathemari
- 2016: Manappuram Minnale Awards – Best Actress – Pathemari
Facts / Trivia
- In an interview, she revealed that her favorite author was Paulo Coelho and that her dream was to write a book. She also said that anchoring was a part of her life, and that she used to write and perform in ballets during her school days, and this helped her get over her stage fright and lead to her hosting career (master of ceremonies). paved the way).
- During an interview she was asked about her experience of working with veteran Malayalam actor Mammootty, and she revealed that he was her favorite actor and she was thrilled to make her debut with him, and that Mammootty is the first Malayalam director. Kamal had suggested his name. His film, Utopiayile Rajavu. Gehana’s first two films were with Mammootty and she played the lead heroine opposite him.
- Gehana recalled in an interview that her parents were initially reluctant to let her host D4Dance as she was going to go abroad, and she had to work hard before they were convinced about the plan.
- In an interview, she revealed that she faced body-shaming as a child because she was thin and also revealed that she was discriminated against on the basis of her colour, and was often compared to her sister. Used to go
- In 2015, Gehana hosted a special chat show with Bollywood actors Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol. The actor was promoting his film Dilwale.
- In an interview, she revealed that as a schoolgirl, she had to take leave from one of her schools and enroll in a new one at the age of thirteen; She suffered a love failure, and many of her fellow students treated her as if she had AIDS, saying she was forced to sit alone on a bench and was traumatized by the events.
- In 2015, she was seen at Dhanak, an annual nursing college meet held in Kochi. In an interview, she said that while appreciating the work of nurses, they should be paid equally for their services, and the society should acknowledge their service and hard work.
- In an interview, she revealed that she had acted in some films which she did not like but was forced to do so, as it needed monetary gain and later regretted her choice.
- In 2015, Gehana came under controversy when she claimed that she had played the lead role opposite Malayalam actor Jayaram from the Malayalam film Aadu Puliyattam. Some reports suggest that she backed out of the film as she did not want to star opposite the veteran actor and preferred a younger hero; However, Gehana denied these reports and said that she walked out of the film as she was not satisfied with the script. Following her comments, the film’s producers came forward with the claim that it was Gehna who had approached her to star in the film without even reading the script, and when asked if she was a new generation actor, He rejected the actress. hero. The film became a blockbuster, and the makers extended a special invitation to Jewel Mary as the chief guest for the film’s success party.
- In an interview, she revealed that even though she had not experienced the casting couch, someone introducing himself as a producer called her and asked her if she would be interested in being a part of a famous actor’s film. Interested, when Gehana told him that she needed to hear the story, he narrated a line over the phone and narrated the story from an old Malayalam film called ‘Deshadnakkili Karayarila’. After narrating the story, he asked if she would make any adjustments (sexually) as she was a newcomer in the film industry at that time. Gehna understood that the story was from an old film and immediately realized that the man was an impostor; He revealed that she questioned his motive and called him a fraud. After that incident, he said it didn’t bother him any more.
- Gehna was asked about her experiences as an anchor during an interview, and she shared that there were moments when she cried during stage shows and moments she regretted. She revealed one of the incidents where she was the host of an award show held in Europe and unintentionally announced the Best Actor award when Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor was about to announce the award. She said that Anil Kapoor did not understand that she got confused and declared him the winner.
- In a social media post following the Vismaya dowry death in Kerala, Jewel Mary criticized the practice of normalizing domestic violence and abuse and called out societal pressure that urged female child or wives to reconcile with their abusive partners ; She demanded that the time has come for parents and families to teach their girl children to stand up for themselves and stand up against any kind of physical and mental abuse.
- She launched her YouTube channel on 1 June 2021 and published her first cover song of the famous pop and hip-hop song, Enjoy Enjami.
- Jewel has several tattoos, including two on her hands and one on her leg. He posted a video of his first tattoo on Instagram.