Win iPhone 14 100% Free 🤩🤩
Vedant Patel is an Indian-American government official who was appointed as the interim spokesperson of the United States Department of State after Ned Price stepped down from his post as the US State Department spokesman on 8 March 2023.
Vedant R. Patel was born in 1989 (age 33 years; as of 2022) in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. His hometown is Bhavpura in Kadi Taluka, Gujarat. In 1991, when he was two years old, his parents shifted to San Jose, California in the United States from India. In 2008, he attended the University of California in Riverside to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Biology. In 2015, Vedant enrolled himself at the
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Vedant Patel belongs to a Gujarati family.
Parents & Siblings
There is not much information about Vedant’s parents or siblings.
Wife & Children
On 23 March 2019, Vedant got married to Sneha M. Polisetti.
After completing his bachelor’s from the University of California, in December 2012, Vedant was appointed as the deputy communications director to the American politician Mike Honda at the United States House of Representatives. In November 2015, he was promoted to the post of communications director, and he served the post till January 2017. In April 2017, Vedant joined the Democratic National Committee as the regional press secretary; he served in that capacity till August 2018. From August 2018 to April 2019, Vedant served as the communications director to the American politician Pramila Jayapal. In April 2019, Vedant was appointed as the p
- Vedant is fluent in a few languages like Spanish, Gujarati, and English.
- In an interview, Vedant stated that one of his favourite food is Gujarati street food.
- In 2016, Vedant shifted from California to Washington D.C.
- Vedant became the third Indian-American to hold a position in the White House Communications and Press Department after he was appointed as the Assistant Press Secretary in January 2021. Priya Singh was the first Indian-American who held the post of press assistant from January 2009 to May 2010 in the White House Press and Communication wing. Raj Shah became the second Indian-American who served as the deputy press secretary and deputy assistant to the US President Donald Trump from 2017 to 2019.
- During the 2020 United States presidential elections, Vedant Patel worked as a close aide to Joe Biden in promoting Biden’s presidential campaign.
- In September 2022, Vedant Patel became the first Indian-American to hold a daily US State Department press conference at the Foggy Bottom headquarters after the State Department spokesperson Ned Price was on vacation. Matt Hill, the senior associate communications director of the White House took to Twitter and talked about Vedant’s debut in holding a press briefing for the department and said,
Representing the United States on the world stage is a huge responsibility, and Vedant did it with the utmost professionalism and clear communication.”
- In an interview, Vedant stated that after completing his bachelor’s, he was inclined towards pursuing a career in the press and communication department and said,
It’s certainly surreal, but I really enjoy working with the press and the media and have done a lot of communications and media relations roles over the course of my career. So it seemed like a good natural fit.”
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings